The Others: Avatar of Pride and Gluttony Controller (finished; macro)

Today I spent my hour working on my macro lens technique, which presently is at, I would say, an advanced beginner or early intermediate level.

Looking at today's shots, I think my biggest problem, at this point, is temperature. All of my lightbox shots look yellowish and, though I typically like to resist the temptation to blame my problems on pieces of equipment, I really do think my problem is my bulbs.

After I get this post sorted out, I'm going to get on Amazon and get some lightbox-specific bulbs, I think (at least one) and see if that helps at all.

In the meantime, here are some shots of the last two pieces from The Others that I managed to get finished and varnished:

The Others: Avatar of Pride (finished)



The Others: Avatar of Pride (finished)



The Others: Avatar of Pride (finished)


And here are some macro/lightbox shots of the Gluttony Controller, which I actually speed-painted as part of a batch (of the other seven Gluttony expansion figures).

For a speed-painted mini, I'm actually pretty happy with this figure, though it does have some problems that stand out under the scrutiny of the macro lens:


The Others: Gluttony Controller (finished)



The Others: Gluttony Controller (finished)



The Others: Gluttony Controller (finished)


Finally, just to give an idea of how these things look at a distance, here's a shot I took with my phone:

The Others: various finished pieces



The Others: Pride Controller, Gluttony Controller (finished)



Not bad, right?

Anyway, game night is Wednesday this week (i.e. tomorrow night): I plan to try to grab some phone shots of these guys on the actual board, to give a better sense of how these pieces look IRL, so check for that in a couple of days.