Kingdom Death: People of the Sun Miko (reboot; work in progress)

A couple of weeks ago, I started painting Kingdom Death's People of the Sun Miko figure. After nearly completing the figure, I ended up stripping my initial paint job and starting over. Welcome to the reboot!

I am really, really struggling with this figure for some reason. I honestly don't have any idea why that might be the case, but I decided that since this blog is about a guy who isn't very good at painting miniatures trying to become better, I should document that struggle.

Towards that end, at the bottom of this post, I've attached two embarrassing behind the scenes shots from the painting bench. The first one shows how I ruined the figure by trying to strip the face and repaint it from scratch (which was a really, really dumb idea) and the second shows how it looked after I stripped it and broke the hand off again.

Kingdom Death: People of the Sun Miko (work in progress)



Kingdom Death: People of the Sun Miko (work in progress)


Ruining the face.



Stripped figure, broken-off hand.