Rising Sun: Fire Dragon (finished)

I had a great teacher in high school who helped me understand that you never really "finish" things, you just learn when to let yourself give up on them.

This morning, I finally gave up on the Fire Dragon from CMON's Rising Sun.

There's a ton of stuff I would nit-pick on this paint job--I didn't realize what I was doing with the bony face-wing cheek things until I had already painted them like three times, I missed a major opportunity to make the teeth pop out the way they do in the concept art and the wet blending on the pointy bits is a human rights violation (just really, really bad, especially on the blue face whisker things: what a mess)--but, overall, I think it looks pretty good at arms-length, and that's good enough.

So, while the painting isn't great, I am actually fairly pleased with the photography All that time I spent ironing out the lightbox/macro setup is really paying off:


Rising Sun: Fire Dragon (finished)



Rising Sun: Fire Dragon (finished)



Rising Sun: Fire Dragon (finished)



Rising Sun: Fire Dragon (finished)