Rising Sun: Oni of Plagues (work in progress)

Today being a Saturday, I stretched out my hour a bit and pinned, primed and painted the Oni of Plagues from CMON's Rising Sun.

(Recently I have started making my way through the Rising Sun "Monster Pack" expansion. ICYMI, just finished up the Fire Dragon.)

I'm actually pretty excited about this one, because I am planning to try out the new Games Workshop contrast paints on a couple of parts of this one. Specifically, I've been looking for an excuse to try out the technique where you use Apothecary White paint to rapidly achieve a white cloth effect, and the (ample! voluminous!) white robes of this figure seem pretty ideal for that.

Anywho, here are a couple shots of the primed miniature and, at the bottom, a bonus shot of the unpainted figure:


Rising Sun: Oni of Plagues (work in progress)



Rising Sun: Oni of Plagues (work in progress)



Rising Sun: Oni of Plagues (raw figure; no paint at all)